Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Catholic repetition?

Did you know Jesus voiced against repetitive prayer? Yet, the Catholic Church is so repetitive in its rituals. How many times do you have to repeat the Lord's Prayer, your Hail Mary's and Holy Mary's? At meal time, they always have to repeat "Bless us oh Lord with these thy gifts which we are about to receive from thy bounty, through Christ our our Lord, Amen." Seems nothing comes from the heart. I know, I spent 13 years in a Catholic residential school. I think I can express my negative opinions on that church.


And, when praying, Jesus said to do it in private. Yet, how many times do you see Catholic athletes kneel and give the sign of the cross in public: just watch a CFL or NFL game.


Repetition does not earn Respect. Catholics....don't feel guilty, guilt has been taken away.